Great Valentine Gifts for Your Grandkids
I know Valentine’s Day is billed as a day for lovers, but what better time to show your love for your grandkids, than on this day that has symbolized affection throughout the centuries?!
Kids are always thrilled to receive gifts–even (or should I say especially!)–teenagers! There are many little things that you can give them for Valentines Day that don’t cost a mint, yet can say “I love you” in a tangible way:
- Chocolate Heart Sucker from a gourmet candy store.
- A pair of seasonal (hearts, flowers) socks.
- A pair of heart boxers–for guys OR gals!
- A single rose in a bud vase.
- Heart shaped sugar cookies.
- A Heart shaped cake.
- Make a “red” meal for dinner (i.e. Pizza or Pasta with red sauce, with CranApple juice, and raspberry sherbet for dessert!)
- Take your grandkids on a movie date.
- Give your grandchild a note to get out of school for lunch and take them out to their favorite fast-food restaurant. (with parent’s permission!).
- A heart-shaped box of chocolates.
- A bag of Snickers (or their favorite candy bars).
- Make cherry Jell-O fruit salad.
- Write your grandchild a “love note” telling them how special they are to you.
Look over the list and see if there is something you can use to make Valentines Day special for your extended family. But don’t stop there! Be creative and come up with your own ideas!
P.S. Your adult kids will love getting a gift from you, too!